It is the irrigation service technician’s job to service, repair, expand, and improve our current customers residential and commercial irrigation systems. As a service technician you will be provided with a service van, phone allowance, and all the tools necessary to complete any job.
We rely on you to be a positive representative of our company, and always provide not only the best irrigation service, but customer service. This includes always wearing company provided clothing and keeping your vehicle clean and presentable.
Your success will be measured through your ability to complete various irrigation and lighting fixes in reasonable times, your eagerness to improve and learn new skills, ability to upsell customers on system add-ons, and ability to work in coordination with our Service Manager.
It is your responsibility to ensure you come to each call prepared with necessary equipment and tools. You are responsible for studying your upcoming jobs and stocking your vehicle accordingly.
The Service Manager will provide you with proper guidelines on how he wants you to report notes, and other service procedures. It is your job to follow his instruction to ensure the efficiency of the service team.
Experience and Skills
- Experience servicing, maintaining, and/or installing in ground irrigation systems
- Ability to install/troubleshoot low voltage LED lighting systems
- Excellent problem solving skills
- Certified Irrigation Technician Level 1 is an asset
- An understanding and ability to connect to various water service connections
- Backflow testing certified is an asset
- Ability to represent the company in a positive way to customers/homeowners
- Sales, estimating, and upselling skills
- Organized and has ability to make decisions on the fly
- Someone who wants to get the job done right, and takes pride in their work
- Ability to be motived while working alone
- Personable and great with customers
- Good communicator
- Group health/dental benefits
- Company vehicle and cell phone
- Training and support on the job and opportunity for certificate reimbursement
- Opportunity for growth and increased responsibility within the company
- Potential performance based bonuses.